How To Install Bait Pegs ™
Simply install Bait Pegs™ on your hook when fishing any soft plastic bait. Your bait will be pegged in place on the hook and will no longer slide after every few casts or after skipping it under a dock or other piece of overhanging cover. Bait Pegs™ even allow you to catch more than 2x the fish on each soft plastic, as the Bait Peg™ will securely hold your soft plastic on the hook even after it starts to tear from fighting a few fish.
This process can be replicated for other rigs that can take advantage of Bait Pegs. For jigs, shakeyheads, chatterbaits, spinnerbaits with trailers, etc; you will only need one Bait Peg, closer to the hook bend, as the top Bait Peg will not be needed.
Bait Pegs can usually be removed using a pair of needle nose pliers. Stretch the Bait Peg over the eye of the hook, or stretch and lift it over the hook barb. These methods allow Bait Pegs to be used several times each before needing to be discarded.
Bait Pegs (100 Pack, Select Size)
- Pegs your soft plastic baits to your hook when fishing a Texas Rig, Jig, Shakey Head, Chatterbait, and more
- Allows more than 2x the life from soft plastics by keeping them pegged in place - saving you money and allowing you to fish more effectively
- Soft plastic baits no longer slide down your hook when skipping under overhanging cover or retrieving through thick grass/weeds.
- Does not tear your plastics like bait keeper barbs featured on some hooks
- Resists sliding enough to hold baits in place, but not enough to interfere with hooksets
Razor Series (10 Pack) EWG Offset Worm Hooks with Bait Pegs
- Sharp, strong hooks significantly increase your chances of an effective hookset as well as landing your catch, where fishing for largemouth bass, smallmouth, pike, musky, striper/rockfish, or any other gamefish.
- EWG stands for Extra Wide Gap. This style of hook features a rounder bend and wider gap, allowing more room for bulkier plastics, as well as more room for your soft plastic baits to deflect downward during a hookset. No more setting the hook only to pull your hook out of the fish's mouth.
- Excellent for rigging any soft plastic baits, including jerk baits (Zoom Super Flukes), texas rigged craws and creatures (brush hogs), wacky rig or texas rigged stickbaits (Yamamoto Senko Worms, Yum Dingers), and more. EWG Worm hooks are one of the most versatile hooks on the market, with limitless rigging applications.
- Harmony Fishing Company's Razor Series EWG hooks are chemically sharpened for an unbelievably sharp point for consistent, reliable penetration. Utilizing a proprietary high carbon steel alloy, these hooks are strong enough not to bend out while landing a fish, while avoiding being brittle, so they will not snap or shear off under pressure.
- Package includes ten (10) hooks and ten (10) Bait Pegs. Bait Pegs install in one-second on your hook and keep your soft plastic bait pegged in place, preventing your bait from sliding down the hook and tearing prematurely while not interfering with hooksets.
Tungsten Worm Weights w/ Weight Pegs [Select Size, Qty]
$6.99 - $16.99
- Tungsten is nearly twice as dense as lead, which means your weight is now about 50% smaller in size for the same weight as a lead sinker. This more compact size creates a more weedless/snagless profile, making it easier than ever to fish heavy cover like grass, weeds, rocks, laydowns, docks, and more.
- The increased density offered by tungsten over lead provides greater sensitivity, as the weight transmits more vibration up your line, allowing you to feel the bottom like never before.
- Harmony's Tungsten Worm Weights feature a smooth, polished inner bore - eliminating line fray without the need for an insert, making them safe for use with all monofilament, flourocarbon, copolymer, and braided lines. The cupped rear design allows your hook eye to sit recessed into the back of the weight, protecting your line's knot and creating a more streamlined, weedless profile. Harmony's signature black oxide matte coating doesn't chip like other brand's painted weights.
- Perfect for texas rigging and carolina rigging soft plastics like creatures, worms, senkos, craws, lizards, and more.
- Each pack includes one set of ten (10) Weight Pegs to keep your weight pegged in place in heavy cover situations.