The Ned Rig has emerged over the past few years as one of the most effective finesse baits for catching bass. The Ned Rig consists of a light jighead (often 1/16 to 3/16 oz) build around a light wire hook paired with a small, finesse soft plastic (preferably one that floats to allow it to stand up on its own). The Magnum Ned Rig is a variation of the Ned Rig that uses a slightly heavier jighead (1/4oz is most common) with a slightly larger hook. The Ned Rig is effective in a wide variety of fishing areas, especially when using Harmony's weedless versions that open up areas where the average Ned Rig gets snagged. Cast the Ned Rig at shallow cover such as docks, laydown trees, grass/pad edges, etc as well as hopping it along points, ledges, humps, and other structure.
Harmony Tackle for the Ned Rig
Ned Rig Kit
- Everything you need to learn to fish the Ned Rig
- Includes 8 pack of Z-Man Finesse T.R.D. Soft Plastic Baits, 5 pack of Z-Man Finesse Shroomz Jig Heads, and the comprehensive "How To Fish The Ned Rig for Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass" Guide by Harmony Fishing Company
- The Ned Rig has proven to catch both high quality and high quantities of fish, even when other lures aren't triggering bites
- "How To Fish The Ned Rig" includes information on how to work the bait, as well as where to most effectively fish it during different times of year
Tungsten Offset Weedless Ned Rig Jigheads (5 Pack w/ Bait Pegs)
$8.29 - $10.79
- Harmony's Tungsten Offset Weedless Ned Rig Jigheads take Ned Rig fishing to the next level. The offset hook design allows you to fish where no other Ned Rig has been before. This rig's snagless design allows it to slip through grass, weeds, lily pads, brush, wood, rocks, and other cover better than any other.
- The tungsten head is nearly twice as dense as lead, allowing for a smaller, more compact size head than the same weight lead jig head. The higher density also translates to greater sensitivity, allowing you to feel the bottom better than lead Ned Rig jigheads.
- Thin wire Razor Series™ hook is paired perfectly with each size Ned Rig jighead, allowing floating baits like the Finesse TRD to stand up as they were intended. This thin-wire hook is ideal for ensuring proper penetration during hooksets with the lighter rods and lines used with the Ned Rig.
- Includes five (5) jigheads and five (5) Bait Pegs™. Bait Pegs slip onto your hook and keep your securely bait pegged in place, without tearing baits like rigid bait keepers that come attached to other hooks. Bait Pegs allow your bait to last longer before tearing, saving you time and money.
Bait Pegs (100 Pack, Select Size)
- Pegs your soft plastic baits to your hook when fishing a Texas Rig, Jig, Shakey Head, Chatterbait, and more
- Allows more than 2x the life from soft plastics by keeping them pegged in place - saving you money and allowing you to fish more effectively
- Soft plastic baits no longer slide down your hook when skipping under overhanging cover or retrieving through thick grass/weeds.
- Does not tear your plastics like bait keeper barbs featured on some hooks
- Resists sliding enough to hold baits in place, but not enough to interfere with hooksets