Swing Football Jig (Swing Head)
The Swing Football Jig (also called Swing Head) consists of a football shaped weight attached to a free-swinging extra-wide-gap hook. The Swing Football Jig excels in hard bottom and rocky areas. It can be fished like a traditional football jig, slowly crawling along rocky bottom, and can also be quickly retrieved along the bottom, deflecting off every individual rock or piece of cover during the retrieve. This rig is often paired with a creature or craw style soft plastic, but can also be rigged with a paddeltail swimbait to crank along the bottom like a fleeing baitfish. Tungsten has recently emerged as superior to traditional lead swing heads. The denser tungsten allows for better feel of the bottom, transmitting vibrations up your line to better decipher between hard bottom/rock versus soft bottom.
Harmony Tackle for the Swing Football Jig
Tungsten Swing Football Jig (3 Pack w/ 10 Bait Pegs) [Select Size]
$8.99 - $13.59
- Tungsten weights are almost twice as dense as lead. That means your tungsten jighead is nearly half the size of a lead jig head. Smaller jigs mean fewer hangups, allowing you to spend less money on lures and more time fishing. Because tungsten jigs are more dense than lead, they transmit vibration better up your line for greater sensitivity.
- The swinging football jig is an excellent way to fish both swimming shad/baitfish presentations as well as bottom-oriented crawfish/creature presentations. Either technique creates a swinging, swaying presentation as your lure swims or crawls through your retrieve, enticing nearby bass and other predator fish with the lifelike action that can't be replicated with traditional jigs.
- Includes ten (10) Bait Pegs to keep your soft plastic baits pegged on your hook and prevents the need to constantly adjust soft plastics that keep sliding out of position. Just add your favorite soft plastic trailer, and you are ready to fish!
- Harmony Fishing's high quality tungsten swing football jigs are coated in a molecular black oxide coating that resists chips unlike inferior painted jigs for professional/tournament grade fishability.
Bait Pegs (100 Pack, Select Size)
- Pegs your soft plastic baits to your hook when fishing a Texas Rig, Jig, Shakey Head, Chatterbait, and more
- Allows more than 2x the life from soft plastics by keeping them pegged in place - saving you money and allowing you to fish more effectively
- Soft plastic baits no longer slide down your hook when skipping under overhanging cover or retrieving through thick grass/weeds.
- Does not tear your plastics like bait keeper barbs featured on some hooks
- Resists sliding enough to hold baits in place, but not enough to interfere with hooksets